Are you working from home? Adjusting to a new work routine can be extremely challenging at the best of times. To help you, we've put together our top 5 tips to keep you productive when working from home.
1. Don't work from your bed. Although this can be tempting, your bedroom should be a place of relaxation and restoration. During these uncertain times, it's normal to feel a little more stressed and anxious than usual - we are all trying to navigate how to respond to what is going on in the world. Stress can adversely affect sleep quality and on the flip side insufficient sleep can also increase stress levels, making it hard to stay focused and motivated throughout the day.
Separate work from sleep by creating a haven that inspires calm. Make your bed with super-soft Carlotta & Gee linen, have a candle or diffuser ready with your favourite sleepy time scents and put in place a night-time ritual that signals to your brain it's time to unwind. This could be a warm bath, a cup of tea or a short meditation.
2. Design a space you want to spend time in. Add some greenery, light a candle, and be close to natural light. If you are able to, open a window so that fresh air can circulate the room.
3. Discover when you're most productive. The beauty of working from home is that you can be flexible in setting your working hours. For example, if you are most productive in the morning, or if you need to get the kids to school, then you may want to set your work hours from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. However, it's important you communicate this with your team. You could include your new hours in your signature or set up an automated email that alerts those who contact you that you will be in touch between those hours only. Remember, boundaries are important.
4. Pretend like you are going into the office. Set your alarm, make (or go get) coffee, and wear nice clothes. Sitting around in your pj's is only going to put you in chill mode.
5. Eat healthy meals and snacks. Research has shown that eating fruits and vegetables has a direct link on overall productivity levels. We love to meal plan, not only does it save on time and money, but it helps you to avoid cravings during the day.
Make adjustments as necessary and be kind to yourself, adjusting to a new routine can be challenging.