Follow these tried-and-tested instructions and your bedding will last for years. Here are some simple tips we’ve learned along the way:
- It isn’t mandatory, but it is always nice to wash your sheets prior to sleeping in them.
- Wash linen in warm water on a gentle cycle with similar colours.
- It’s best to dry your sheets naturally in a shady spot to ensure the sun doesn’t fade their hue.
- No ironing is required and we recommend steering clear of the dryer, however if it can’t be avoided then use a tumble dryer on a low setting (never hot). Do not dry clean as the chemicals can weaken the flax fibres of linen.
- Do not leave wet sheets to dry on wood, as this could lead to stains.
- It’s important to never use harsh detergents or bleach, it leaves marks!
- Remember C+G’s linen is stone-washed before it arrives to you, to ensure it is extra soft.
- Keep your linen in a dry, dark cupboard all neatly folded away from direct sunlight where the colour and type are clearly shown.
- We recommend using our C+G linen bags (your linen will arrive to you in one) so it’s easy to grab and they remain protected.
- Organise by colour: we keep our neutrals combos together and then the brighter shades together.
- Organise by type: we separate our pillowcases from our sheets and duvet covers so every piece is easy to find when next making your bed.
- Change your sheets regularly - we like to do this every Sunday to ensure our weeks start off fresh.
- Avoid direct contact with cosmetics or skincare products as this might stain or leave marks on your brand new sheets.
- Linen is a natural fibre natural, and so it’s best to avoid anything really sharp near it such as metal hooks or earrings.